Directions to University of Penn Shot Put Area:
- Exit Franklin Field through the gate at the east end.
- Turn left and go to the blue bridge with the sign that say Bower Field.
- After crossing the bridge walk out the parking lot, turn right on the walkway. Continue down the walkway until it ends.
- Cross over the path to the wooden bridge.
- Take the bridge across the railroad tracks and down into a parking lot.
- Ahead of you in the parking lot is a red brick building, on the left side of the red brick building there is a walkway that lead to Rhoads Field (the Schuylkill Express will be immediately to your left as you are walking towards Rhoads Field).
- After passing by the red brick wall at Rhoads Field you will come to a chainlink fence. There will be an opening in the chainlink fence that will lead to the Shot Put Area.
- Travel time from Franklin Field will be approximately 15 minutes.
Spruce Street between 34th and 38th Streets will be closed to all vehicular traffic due to a crane lift.