Sunday, September 20, 2015
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Coaches’ Eligibility - In order to coach in the CYO Cross Country Program, an individual must meet the following criteria:
1) A Head Coach must be a mature Christian adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age prior to August 1, 2015. Assistant Coaches have no minimum age requirement, unless specified by their parish.
2) All coaches, including assistant coaches MUST have attended the CYO Coaches’ Orientation Program prior to the start of their second year of coaching. An assistant coach is defined as anyone who works with and/or instructs members of the cross country team more than one day a week. Orientation dates can be found online at http://cyophilly.com/for-coaches-staff/
3) All coaches must meet any additional requirements of their parish, local, state and federal government
4) All coaches must provide their Parish every third year a Police Background Check Form and PA Child Abuse History Clearance. (visit these sites for forms Police Check - https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp – PA Child Abuse - https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home) - and FBI Fingerprint - https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index.htm or DisclosureApplication.
5) All coaches must be listed on the “Coaches Affidavit” which is submitted with the team roster.The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is committed to the implementation of the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People. Therefore, all adults involved in ministry and service to children must provide required background checks and proof of attendance at the Safe Environment training for their parish.